You could update Python 2.7 which comes in default with AEN4 by installing Miniconda which has Python 3.x.
From your AEN server where you have the compute node, follow the below steps:
1. Switch to AEN_SRVC_ACCT that you provided during the AEN server installation.
sudo su – wakari
#replace wakari with your AEN service account
2. Activate the root environment.
source activate root
3. Take a backup of the root environment.
conda env export > root.yml
4. Backup the existing conda configuration.
cp /opt/wakari/anaconda/.condarc .condarc
5. Note the conda version, you will need it later.
6. Remove the existing anaconda and miniconda installation.
rm -rf /opt/wakari/anaconda
rm -rf /opt/wakari/miniconda
7. Download the Miniconda installer.
curl -O https://repo.anaconda.com/miniconda/Miniconda3-4.3.21-Linux-x86_64.sh
8. Install Miniconda:
- When the installer prompts for the path, specify /opt/wakari/anaconda:
- Press ENTER to confirm the location
- Press CTRL-C to abort the installation
- Or specify a different location below
- [/opt/wakari/miniconda3] >>>
#- Specify the path “/opt/wakari/anaconda”
9. After the successful installation of Miniconda, install ipykernel package in the root environment.
conda install ipykernel
Ipykernel installation may change the conda version in your environment. Please make sure that the conda version matches the version you noted in Step 5. If not, you could install that conda version manually and you could also update the new root environment with the packages from root.yml.
Rebuild the default environment of the existing projects to get an upgraded version of python.