Support Portal Attachments
Anaconda's support portal uses Sendsafely to securely process file attachments.
Unable to use Sendsafely?
For customers that are unable to access the integrated SendSafely service, we have an alternative option using an AWS transfer service (an SFTP server backed by S3).
How to configure
There a few things that need to be configured before the AWS service may be used.
- Submit a support request letting us know that you are unable to access Sendsafely and need SFTP setup
- When submitting this request, please include a Public Key
- Authentication to the SFTP server is done via username and your SSH private key
- In order for this system to work, you must provide us with the corresponding public key
- If you do not already have a keypair, please generate one by using the documentation located here: https://www.ssh.com/ssh/keygen/
- Once set up, our support engineers will provide your connectivity information which includes:
- SFTP Server URL
- SSH Private Key
Using the AWS transfer service
The server can be accessed using a variety of tools that support SFTP but if you are unsure of how to proceed you can download and use the CyberDuck SFTP client.
- By using your SFTP client, you will be able to authenticate using the above information
- You are now able to upload any files that need to be shared