There is no automated process in AEN v4.x to change a project owner. To avoid changing the project ownership, create a new project with a shared ID.
You can do the following steps to change ownership of the existing projects:
1. Add new owner as team member of an orphaned project
2. Export the current project environment spec list to a file using conda from the AEN project Terminal:
conda env export --file env.yaml -n <env name>
3. Create a new project with same name as an orphaned project.
4. From the new project Terminal use conda to update the project environment to match the exported spec from step 2.
conda env update --file env.yaml -n
5. Recursively copy the project files from the Terminal of an old project.
NOTE: Do not copy the files to the new project directory. Copy them to /tmp of some temp dir.
6. Add team members to the new project.
7. From the new project Terminal, copy the project files from the temp directory to the project directory(ies). Using the project Terminal will ensure the files are set with the correct ACLs.
8. To verify it is complete and working, owner and non-admin collaborators should test the new project.
9. When the new project is fully configured and working as expected, use the AEN UI to delete the orphaned project.